Everything You Need to Know Before and After Your Hair Transplant Procedure
Hair transplant procedures are the talk of the town. It is no longer that decade where people could not do anything but just wait and watch the big clumps fall out. People got crushed, depressed, and shattered. But things have changed upside down with the advancements of technology in the hair transplant industry. It has enabled the opportunity to attain a slaying natural-looking hairdos with effective hair transplant procedures that are free of pain and agitation. However, this cannot be decided in a finger snap since the transplanted hairs are permanent.
So there are many things that are to be taken into consideration prior to any steps. We have assembled a few here that you might find beneficial:
Things to know before Hair transplant treatment:
- There is no such rule that everybody suffering from baldness or completely shaven look have to go for treatment. It is elective surgery. If you feel that it is bugging you to an extent where you cannot be you, go and speak to an expert. Since they are adept in this field, they can counsel and suggest you the available treatment options considering your hair type, volume, and texture.
- I certainly agree that the hair transplant procedure is astonishing because of the light that shows up on your life and self-esteem. It is indeed a blessing. But, please consider that we can only work with what you have on your scalp. In general, we pull out the hair follicles from the back or sides of your head and replant it to the thinning areas.
- In case if you are entirely chrome-doomed, we might not be able to process the same treatment.
- One of the recurring questions we receive in our field is that, can I treat my transplanted hair like natural hair or if I do not treat it right, does it leads to damage and hair fall?
Well, it is not essential to use different hair products in the transplanted area and it is absolutely sheltered if you follow the instructions we suggest after the procedure. Tada! You are all set to play your new hair like everyone else.
- It is so so important to acknowledge that the hair restoration is permanent. Therefore, pay extra attention while going for treatment.
- It has been perceived that the hair transplant success rate remains on the upper side of the scale. According to reports, the chances of getting a successful hair transplant is above 95% and the results are spectacular and promising as well.
- Now, it is time to hunt for a surgeon. Always try to go ahead with a reference. Search in your connections whether anyone of you has gone through this or know good doctors. Check keenly the professional credentials and see if a hair transplant is the major. You are going to invest your trust, money, insecurities in his/her hands hoping for natural results. Get into the shoes of stalker and examine his degree, experience, and surgeries performed are true or not.
- It is great that you have come this far. Just one more step, picking the accurate hair transplant procedure. On one hand, FUE(Follicular Unit Extraction) is a sought-after method where each hair follicle is removed and transplanted individually. The other one is FUT(Follicular Unit Transaction). This method involves the removal of a strip of tissue from the back and is individually transplanted to the thin areas.
The hair transplant success rate depends on the factors you focus and take care of after the treatment. Just getting it done is not right.
Things to know after Hair transplant treatment:
- Avoid stress as much as you can. But do not stress yourself on how to reduce the stress in your life. Although it rarely impacts the outcome, it is being said that stress can harm your hair follicles and might result in adverse results. There are several ways to keep stress out of your way of life through physical exercise, meditation, yoga, breathing activities, brisk walk etcetera.
- The healing time for a hair transplant is quite minimal. The one who has gone through this medicament can go to work from the next day itself. However, it is better if you stay away from the heavyweight lifting and direct exposure to sunlight for a couple of days. Also, the relieving time might vary from person to person. So better consult your hair transplant surgeon about the precautions.
- This might be hard to digest. But, you certainly have to avoid smoking and boozing for a few weeks in order to shun from the unfavorable aftermaths. It is a known fact that these habits are bad for anyone’s health. But the thing is these are not friendly to your hair either. They lessen the supply of blood to your blood which in results stops the new grafts to take birth.
- You should avoid steam baths and sunbaths for minimum three weeks and sexual contact for a week.
- Just like how the first bath of a baby is sensitive, the first hair-wash after your hair transplant treatment has to be gentle and delicate. Try not to let water touch the areas of transplanted follicles.
End of the day, we would make a point again that hair loss might be progressive. So you have to carefully follow the suggested tips for lasting results. If you have anything your mind about hair transplantation procedure or treatment, you can get in touch with us.