Are you ready for a hair transplant surgery? Know how it works first.
While there may be a variety of other solutions for hair thinning and baldness, proceed with the understanding that only hair transplantation is a permanent solution. In the south, big cities like Hyderabad Vijayawada and Rajahmundry especially have a variety of hair care clinics. Now ideally your hair physician will educate you about your condition and offer a suitable medical solution for it. It may or may not necessarily be hair transplant surgery. Choose the right hair transplant clinic and talk to your physician as freely as possible.
While this is being said, if in case you are offered the option of a hair transplant surgery it will certainly be a big decision that has to be made.
For this will definitely make lifestyle changes for you. Are you prepared for it?
So think of the following points-
- Do you constantly think and obsess over your balding condition? If this is the case, then it certainly is an indication that it is time for you to act on it. Start mental preparation.
- A lot of people lose their confidence over bald looks. Hair does a lot to ones appearance. If one is especially of a marriage age, then a head full of hair certainly brings on more prospects. Even at work, during business meets or client interactions looks play a major role and hair influences your appearance.
- Do you constantly keep comparing yourself and feeling inferior? Do you keep looking at the mirror to assess how bad your condition is?
- Have you tried a lot of remedies and used different treatments yet there is no change? Does balding affect the way you think and act too?
- Are you confident enough that a hair transplant procedure will make favorable lifestyle changes for you? Never pin your hopes very high. Be ready for a feasible outcome that is reality.
How exactly does hair transplantation work?
In most cases hair transplantation surgeries are performed to treat male and female pattern baldness. It is superficial and simple surgery where in live roots bearing hair follicles or grafts are extracted and then transplanted onto the area of baldness.
The surgeon will usually inject a local anesthesia and remove a strip of the scalp with the graft. This is then divided into multiple tiny grafts and transplanted into tiny holes created in the bald area. Depending on duration required the complete process will take approximately four to eight hours. Sometimes there may be additional sessions needed, as per the discretion of your hair physician.
It is important to remember that today most hair care clinics in the city perform advanced procedures with ease and latest techniques. The results will definitely vary with respect to the quality and colour of the hair available as well as the extent of baldness present. You may also consult with your physician with respect to the kind of technique he or she will use. Recovery after the surgery is pretty quick; however there may be a requirement of surgical dressing and pain medication for some days. New hair growth begins after a few weeks of surgery.
It never hurts to be informed about hair transplant, leave the rest to your hair physician.