PRP also called as Platelet Rich plasma .PRP treatment which got lot of publicity as non- surgical hair regrowth treatment for both men and women. This treatment is opted for the patients who require hair simulation for their hair loss problems.
Actually it promotes the strength of existing weak hair for some time.
- It never causes normal new hair growth in bald area the regrown hair is of vellnouess quality only with short life time
- Sometimes may stimulate dormant roots and produce thin wellness like hair. These wellness like hair stay for very short time and usually fall away after discontinuation of treatment
- Needs repeated injections at certain intervals.
- Invasive and done under local anesthesia .
- Effect is for short duration only.
- Now a days many doctors are promoting it in post transplant period.
Composition— The PRP contains a part of platelets also growth factors and cytokines. They are PDGF, TGF, FGF, ILGF-1,ILGF2, EGF, KGF etc.
How it is Done ?
In this person’s own blood is withdrawn and Platelets are concentrated and separated with special centrifuge. These are prepared for injection and given under local anesthesia to the scalp where weak hair is seen. PRP is given randomly over the scalp where the damaged roots are present.
Generally PRP is used widely in many areas like facial rejuvenation, ulcers, orthopedics neural problems etc. As PRP technique uses own blood which is safe to individual.
Actually it contains good amount of platelets and growth factors with short half life. They can promote some strength to weak roots, but for short time only. It is a invasive procedure with short time benefit.
In reality this PRP treatment is developed to promote wound healing in chronic ulcers like in Diabetic patients, accidental injuries with chronic non-healing.
In the field of hair restoration, evidence supports PRP therapy as a treatment option for promoting the hair growth. No claim can be made of its efficacy.
The results may vary depending upon the patients problems. To attain the best hair growth results this PRP treatment must done periodically under the supervision of technically, skilled and well versed doctor.
PRP treatment alone cannot totally protect the damaged hair. Scientifically proven Medical treatment is a must in many people to prevent ongoing loss.
To whom it is recommended ?
- In early stages of hair damage and loss.
- Those who are not interested in medical management.
- Who can undergo for the procedure repeatedly if needed.
- Post operative state of hair transplantation also get benefit of PRP by promoting rapid hair growth.
Actually recently PRP treatment with A cell in combination is giving long lasting effects, but still to be approved by USFDA.
- Now a days Dermatologists are promoting this for many superficial cosmetic procedures.
- It’s not FDA approved treatment for hair loss.
- PRP treatment is not a permanent solution for your hair loss.
- This treatment is purely recommended on the basis of the patient’s own interest.
- It is not recommended for people with chronic liver disease, anti-coagulation therapy, chronic skin diseases or cancer, metabolic and systemic disorders.
- In case of total baldness PRP treatment has no role.
- Long term benefits of PRP hasn’t known yet.
All these must be done under the qualified, skilled and experienced Doctor only. Schedule an appointment to know more about the solution for your hair loss problems.